Endymion Lodge, near Colchester,
Endymion Lodge is a beautiful detached lodge surrounded by 500 acres of peaceful countryside. This is one of five lodges on the Wakes Hall Estate which is on the border of Essex and Sussex.
Sleeping up to 4 guests, this is a modern and contemporary lodge, perfect for a family holiday or getaway with friends.
This superb property boasts a spacious open plan living and dining area with sofas and TV, dining table, breakfast bar and fully-equipped kitchen where guests can cook up a storm for everyone. With plenty of natural light, the lodge has glass doors leading out to the patio which has garden furniture and a hot tub where you can relax after a busy day of exploring. The property has a double bedroom and a twin bedroom which both lead out to the patio as well as two bathrooms.
You can also bring your furry friend with you as this lodge allows up to 3 dogs! The property is wheelchair accessible and has everything you’ll need for a relaxing countryside break.
Staying at Endymion Lodge provides the perfect base for relaxing and exploring the surrounding Essex and Sussex countryside. From your lodge, you’ll have access to the nearby woodlands for scenic walks, the two-acre fishing lake stocked with Carp and Roach, and walks to the village of Wakes Colne where there is a lovely riverside pub serving local ale.
The historic town of Colchester is a 40-minute drive away where you can visit the high street shops and modern restaurants, Colchester Castle and Colchester Zoo for a fun day out.
– Sleeps 4
– 2 bedrooms
– Dog friendly (3)
– Hot tub
– Access to fishing lakes
– Surrounded by 500 acres of land
We Recommend –
Things to do:
– East Anglian Railway Museum – Original railway building with memorabilia, steam engines, train rides and café.
– Colchester Zoo – Fun day out for the whole family, a 60-acre zoo with a wide range of animals including elephants, giraffes, lions, meerkats, lizards and more.
– Colchester Castle – 11th-century castle in the heart of the town with interactive exhibits, jail and gardens.
– Swan Inn, Chappel – Great local pub with a friendly atmosphere, home-cooked food and good selection of ales, wine and spirits.
– Riverside Spice – Indian restaurant with an authentic menu and good, friendly service.
– The Chequers – Old pub with an excellent food menu and a good selection of drinks.
Located in idyllic countryside on the Wakes Hall Estate in the breath-taking Colne Valley
Up to three well behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge per dog).
Hot tub where you can relax after a busy day of exploring.